Analysis of favorite movies according to the Blake Snyder ‘Beat sheet’ structure.
More information about Beat sheets.
- Serenity – Serenity 2, the update!
- The Simpsons Movie
- The Princess Bride
- Die Hard
- Shaun of the Dead
Features on other writing blogs.
- Just Jen
- Quick Brown Fox
- Teralyn Rose Pilgrim
- Blogfest special: Show me yours!
- Donna Hole
- And this time, concentrate!
- Tossing it out, A-Z blog challenge.
- Rach Writes & the Second Writer’s Platform-Builder’s Crusade
- Alison Pearce Stevens.
Going through Blake Snyder’s ‘Save the Cat’ chapter by chapter.
- What is it? (Loglines)
- Give me the same thing… only different! (Story genres)
- It’s about a guy who… (Characters)
- Let’s beat it out! (Beat sheets, revisited.)
- Building the perfect beast. (The scene board.)
- The Immutable Laws of Screenplay Physics. (Common sense rules.)
- What’s wrong with this picture? (Fixing a broken screenplay.)
- Where do we go from here?
- see Fandom Gatherings
A series on my efforts at fanart and tips for anyone else crazy enough to try it.
- Serenity Kaylee/Simon wallpaper.
- Love will last forever banner.
- My Alien Wife banner.
- Doctor Who/Roswell crossover banner.
- Two Max/Liz fanfic banners.
- Wizards of Roswell crossover banner.
- Support Stacie auction signature banner series.
- Two ensemble and focus fanfic banners.
- Two Firefly banners.
- Lots of small wallpapers.
- The art of Arranging.
- Coming first circle.
My experiences with conventions and other special events in the fandom community.
- Toronto Serenity Charity Screening
- Fan Expo, Friday
- Fan Expo, Saturday
- Fan Expo, Sunday
- Departure for Browncoat Ball
- Browncoat Ball recap
- Browncoat Ball day 1 time capsule
- Wizard World 2011 – Quick dispatch
- Wizard World 2011 – Friday’s Diary
- Wizard World 2011 – Saturday’s Diary
- Wizard World 2011 – Sunday’s Diary
July Novel Writing Month 2010
A few posts relating to my participation in JulNoWriMo 2010.
My experiences of Nanowrimo November in 2010, including my second trip to San Francisco to attend a “Night of Writing Dangerously.”
- Preparation season begins.
- Excitement grows.
- Just around the corner.
- Day 1
- Day 5: The joy of write-ins.
- One week down. (Day 7)
- An off day, (but not quite a day off.)
- Day 12: In defense of the Inner Editor.
- Day 17: Pie on my face.
- Day 19. (Fairly good.)
- Day 20: Out of snowflake.
- Day 21: Night of writing dangerously.
- Day 23: Jumping from story to story.
- Day 24: Pie is squared.
- Day 25: Thanks list.
- Day 27: Seeing the sights.
- Day 29: Almost done.
Extreme scriptwriting in the spring of 2011
- Three weeks to Script Frenzy – What I’ve got so far.
- Two weeks to Script Frenzy – New Beat Sheet
- One week to Script Frenzy – How’s the Board?
- Two and a half hours to Script Frenzy
My experiences using the snowflake method in October 2010 to prepare for National Novel Writing Month.
Reviewing and deconstructing Diane Duane’s latest novel week by week.
- Chapter 1: Terra Cognita
- Chapter 2: Gili Montag
- Chapter 3: Syrtis Major
- Chapter 4: Wellakh
- Chapter 5: Nili Patera
- Chapter 6: Arsia Mons
- Chapter 7: Stokes
- Chapter 8: Shamask-Eilith
- Chapter 9: Gusev
- Chapter 10: Burroughs
- Chapter 11: Olympus Mons
- Chapter 12: Tharsis Montes
- Chapter 13: Oceanidum Mons (Y is for Young Wizards)
- Chapter 14: Aurorae Chaos
- Chapter 15: Meridiani Planum
- Chapter 16: Elysium