Well, August is really almost up now, so I guess it’s time to see how I did on some of the goals that I set myself 31 days ago:
- Revising “The Way Back Home” – partially complete. This was one of those projects that turned out to be completely different than I thought. That’s mostly because of Lani and the Storywonk class – I had an epiphany or two and made some progress in figuring out what the book is supposed to be, maybe, but didn’t make as much tangible and measurable progress as I’d hoped.
- Cleaning the apartment – partially complete. Tidying up the kitchen went well, but the living room table just sneered at my efforts. I’ll have to prepare much more carefully to tackle it again, hopefully before it actually begins to lurk in the middle of the room. (Yes, that’s a “Long dark tea-time of the soul” reference.)
- Rewriting “How to talk to Earthlings” – DONE!
- Submitting a story for publication – failed.
- Writing a list-based smartphone app – DONE!
- Continuing fanfic works in progress – Exceeded expectations, with 2 and a half chapters complete!
- Posting old fanfic to fanfiction.net – met quota!
- Blogosphere participation stuff – exceeded quota!
- Fan expo stuff – Done!
So – not too bad, all things considered. Didn’t achieve everything I wanted to, but I certainly kept busy.
Did you have a goals list for August? How did it work out?