Okay, so, the Fourth Campaign has wrapped up, I’ve got nearly two weeks before the A-Z challenge starts, so I’m going to start a new series and put myself under the spotlight.
This is inspired by FantasyWriterGuy’s Two weeks of reflection challenge, but I’ve decided that I’m going to tweak the prompts as well as the timing that FWG laid out, just because some of them are really more personal than I want to get, and I’d rather do substitutions or skip rather than do a lot of excessive tap-dancing around the raw subjects.
But today, I’m doing pretty much by the book – Share ten things you want to say to ten different people right now.
1. Thank you so much for all of the time you’ve spent helping me practice over the past year. I couldn’t have done it without you.
2. What’s going on in your life now? Are you doing okay? I’ve been wanting to say something since you cancelled.
3. Are you having technical problems returning my call, or are you just too busy?
4. Take care of yourself, and feel better soon.
5. We really are going to fight zombies sometime – my evenings are just crazy right now.
6. You do a lot that nobody in the group sees to keep things running smoothly, and I’m so grateful for it, and the way you’ve welcomed a loner boy from Hamilton.
7. I love you very much.
8. It’s been so long since we’ve talked – how’s the family doing? What have you been up to lately?
9. I’ve never done this before, so tell me – what do I need to ask you about buying a car?
10. Good luck with labelling and commenting on chapters four through ten!
I’ll see you soon with another dose of sharing!
How about the ever-puzzling “Have a good one.” Have a good one what? If I’m to have a good time, how long will it last? Puzzling.
What a great exercise – for writing, and perhaps for life too!
Now I’m thinking about things I’d like to say to 10 different people. 🙂