The Reference Desk forum is one of the best support resources for script writers on the Script Frenzy website. While ‘Plot Doctoring’ focuses on storyline and narrative, the Reference Desk is a place to go to other Frenziers for help with background research, quick fact checks, and any other question of detail that may be deviling your muse.
Probably the best way to get a sense for the Reference Desk is to look at some of the questions that have been asked or answered recently:
- How visible would a years-old scar over my villain’s eye be?
- How did the 1920’s police raid a Speakeasy – would they send an undercover agent in first or just ram down the door?
- Can a 16 year old get a motorcycle driver’s license in the US?
- How many priests would there be at a small-town Catholic church?
- What sort of game injury would cripple a football player or keep him from playing for a year?
- How long it would take for a fashion designer to ‘hit it big’ and how old would the designer likely be when that happens?
- How much would it cost up-front to open a small bar or nightclub?
- Anyone Know any Chinese Slang, Curse Words & Insults?
- What would the title of a lawyer working for the state trying criminal cases be?
- How much does a standard pack of cigarettes cost in Ontario?
- What questions would a psychiatrist ask during a patient evaluation?
- How could you delay the sinking of a cruise liner that’s taking on water?
Are there any tricky questions that you’d want to ask about your current project?