Happy New Year to you, friends and followers! I haven’t been that wild about the number 13 for a little while. It didn’t really start as a superstitious thing; I just started to dislike it when I began messing around with number theory and factoring; I tend to prefer numbers with lots of factors to primes, and there 13 is, not just a prime, but coming right after 12, the first number to have five different factors other than itself. 😉
But since we’re stuck with 2013 for a whole year, I’ve decided that I need to learn to love it, and part of that is my ‘Lucky 13’ goals list for the year – 13 things I want to accomplish in the year. Here’s the list:
- Apply for Summer workshops: Odyssey, Clarion West, Clarion, and CSSF Novels.
- Finish ‘How to Revise your Novel’ lessons.
- Submit revised “Won’t somebody think of the children” for critters.org RFDR and nanowrimo.org Feedback/Critiques forum.
- New novel-length revision project – get through Block Revision at least.
- Finish lessons 1-8 of ‘How to Think Sideways’ (given to me by my sister.)
- Finish working through ‘Drawing on the Right side of the brain’
- Read 104 short stories (2 per week)
- Spend 2 hours cleaning/tidying apartment every week
- Polish 50 chapters of completed fanfic.
- Complete 2 fanvideos
- Write 15 new short stories
- Do short story shrine revisions on 4 stories
- Start online dating
And, I’ve come up with a short list of steps I want to take in January – not definitive, as I expect I’ll also be working on things like the cleaning and short stories in every month…
- Finish lesson 20 of ‘How to Revise your Novel’
- Review critters feedback for ‘Gnomes’ and revise sample chapters accordingly.
- Flesh out five-page synopsis for ‘The Gnomes are Missing’
- Cut Block Revision draft of “The Storm Mirror” down to 6500 words.
- Proofread “Time Bubble Trap” and submit to critters.org queue
- Get feedback on ‘The Storm Mirror’
- Earn a critters mpc credit
- Finish updating 12 stories on fanfiction.net
How about you, have you got anything already on your to-do list for 2013?