Good evening, and welcome to tonight’s spotlight interview. Tonight, we hear from Patricia, who’s on Nanowrimo as kalima. Take it away, Patricia!
What are you writing about this year?
This year I’m writing book 2 of a series about a female private eye who lives in a domed neo-Victorian city split by four crime families. Book 1, The Jacq of Spades (which I wrote the first draft of last year during NaNo) comes out December 1st.
What is your favorite movie – you have to pick just one!
The Matrix (just the first one)
What advice would you give to all your fellow Wrimos?
Just write. Write everything you can possibly think of about your story: your speculations, all your plot complications, your possible endings, everything. You are not allowed to delete anything until December. Remember, if you delete 100 words a day, that’s 3000 words you could have had. Yes, it’s crap. You’re writing 50,000 words in a month! Of course it won’t be perfect — that’s what editing is about. Every NaNo novel is a first draft, which by definition is highly likely to be a total mess. But you can’t edit what you don’t write. 🙂
Sneaky Ninja question! What time in the day do you write the most?
I write first thing in the morning, before anyone gets up. I work from home so it works well for me.
All of Patty’s links:
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27407137-the-jacq-of-spades
- Goodreads giveaway: https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/show/161431-the-jacq-of-spades
- Smashwords https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/589496
- Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-jacq-of-spades-patricia-loofbourrow/1122885535
- Createspace: https://www.createspace.com/5718633
- Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Jacq-Spades-Red-Dog-Conspiracy/dp/1944223002/