Analysis of favorite movies according to the Blake Snyder ‘Beat sheet’ structure.
More information about Beat sheets.
- Serenity – Serenity 2, the update!
- The Simpsons Movie
- The Princess Bride
- Die Hard
- Shaun of the Dead
Features on other writing blogs.
- Just Jen
- Quick Brown Fox
- Teralyn Rose Pilgrim
- Blogfest special: Show me yours!
- Donna Hole
- And this time, concentrate!
- Tossing it out, A-Z blog challenge.
- Rach Writes & the Second Writer’s Platform-Builder’s Crusade
- Alison Pearce Stevens.
Blog the cat
Going through Blake Snyder’s ‘Save the Cat’ chapter by chapter.
- What is it? (Loglines)
- Give me the same thing… only different! (Story genres)
- It’s about a guy who… (Characters)
- Let’s beat it out! (Beat sheets, revisited.)
- Building the perfect beast. (The scene board.)
- The Immutable Laws of Screenplay Physics. (Common sense rules.)
- What’s wrong with this picture? (Fixing a broken screenplay.)
- Where do we go from here?
– see Fandom Gatherings
A series on my efforts at fanart and tips for anyone else crazy enough to try it.
- Serenity Kaylee/Simon wallpaper.
- Love will last forever banner.
- My Alien Wife banner.
- Doctor Who/Roswell crossover banner.
- Two Max/Liz fanfic banners.
- Wizards of Roswell crossover banner.
- Support Stacie auction signature banner series.
- Two ensemble and focus fanfic banners.
- Two Firefly banners.
- Lots of small wallpapers.
- The art of Arranging.
- Coming first circle.
My experiences with conventions and other special events in the fandom community.
- Toronto Serenity Charity Screening
- Fan Expo, Friday
- Fan Expo, Saturday
- Fan Expo, Sunday
- Departure for Browncoat Ball
- Browncoat Ball recap
- Browncoat Ball day 1 time capsule
- Wizard World 2011 – Quick dispatch
- Wizard World 2011 – Friday’s Diary
- Wizard World 2011 – Saturday’s Diary
- Wizard World 2011 – Sunday’s Diary
July Novel Writing Month 2010
A few posts relating to my participation in JulNoWriMo 2010.
National Novel Writing Month 2010
My experiences of Nanowrimo November in 2010, including my second trip to San Francisco to attend a “Night of Writing Dangerously.”
- Preparation season begins.
- Excitement grows.
- Just around the corner.
- Day 1
- Day 5: The joy of write-ins.
- One week down. (Day 7)
- An off day, (but not quite a day off.)
- Day 12: In defense of the Inner Editor.
- Day 17: Pie on my face.
- Day 19. (Fairly good.)
- Day 20: Out of snowflake.
- Day 21: Night of writing dangerously.
- Day 23: Jumping from story to story.
- Day 24: Pie is squared.
- Day 25: Thanks list.
- Day 27: Seeing the sights.
- Day 29: Almost done.
Extreme scriptwriting in the spring of 2011
- Three weeks to Script Frenzy – What I’ve got so far.
- Two weeks to Script Frenzy – New Beat Sheet
- One week to Script Frenzy – How’s the Board?
- Two and a half hours to Script Frenzy
My experiences using the snowflake method in October 2010 to prepare for National Novel Writing Month.
A Wizard of Mars
Reviewing and deconstructing Diane Duane’s latest novel week by week.
- Chapter 1: Terra Cognita
- Chapter 2: Gili Montag
- Chapter 3: Syrtis Major
- Chapter 4: Wellakh
- Chapter 5: Nili Patera
- Chapter 6: Arsia Mons
- Chapter 7: Stokes
- Chapter 8: Shamask-Eilith
- Chapter 9: Gusev
- Chapter 10: Burroughs
- Chapter 11: Olympus Mons
- Chapter 12: Tharsis Montes
- Chapter 13: Oceanidum Mons (Y is for Young Wizards)
- Chapter 14: Aurorae Chaos
- Chapter 15: Meridiani Planum
- Chapter 16: Elysium