May 6, 2013
It wasn’t too long since I swiped a Liebster, but during the craziness of the A-Z challenge Micki actually bestowed one on me! She didn’t give me questions to answer or quote exact rules, but I’m going to go old-school based on the rest of the rules I got from Tammy back in January: share 11 new facts, pass it on to eleven bloggers with eleven questions to answer. (Maybe if I’m not answering questions, the people who I tag will answer the questions I ask: I remember back in January somebody answered the same questions I got. A little annoying, but oh well.)
Facts about me:
- I’m going to New Hampshire this summer! 😉
- I reached 50k for Camp Nanowrimo.
- I’ve got an exercise for How to Think Sideways, lesson 2 to start tonight after I finish this blog post.
- I just had spaghetti, tomato sauce, and leftover Swiss Chalet chicken for dinner.
- I bought a cell phone mount for my car this weekend, so that I can see GPS navigation aps as I drive.
- I’ve written three simple Android apps with App Inventor.
- I am, just this minute, listening to the Barenaked Ladies covering “Do they know it’s Christmas”.
- I own a Creative Zen Micro MP3 player that will no longer connect to a computer to change the music loaded on it.
- My apartment has already started to get uncomfortably warm in the afternoons.
- There is a collection of stuffed animal toys in my living room including one cat, two beanie graduate owls with plush miter board caps, a bunny rabbit, a pony in pajamas who comes with a teddy bear of his own, two gray mice, and a panda bear. Read the rest of this entry »
July 11, 2012
Hi all! For my Ninja Dojo spotlight this evening, I’m pleased to be able to present an interview with The Golden Eagle. Eagle’s an old friend in the blogging circuit who I’ve done a spotlight on before – but that was before my spotlights came with interview questions, so it doesn’t really count. 😀
What’s the most unusual part of your writing process?
I’m not sure how many other writers do this, but if I’m reading or watching something and I come across a phrase, or even a character or plot point, that I find particularly interesting (it really can be anything at all), I’ll scribble a note to myself and refer to it when I’m brainstorming. I have a stack of post-it notes from all the stuff I wrote down for my first novel.
What is your favorite color?
Green . . . or blue. They’re about even.
Where, if anywhere, are your backup files?
Skydrive. I find it’s relatively easy to use and pretty fast.
The Golden Eagle blogs at The Eagle’s Aerial Perspective about writing, life, and other things. She writes mainly Science Fiction and Fantasy–because she thinks it’s fun to create new universes–and she is the webmaster of the new topical site The Eagle Directory (www.eagledirectory.org).
Thanks for sharing, Eagle!
February 27, 2012
Okay, I’m getting into the Campaign groove this week, and that means there’ll be a lot of interviews. First off, to help fight off those Monday blues, I’m talking to Crazy California Claire.
Who is your favourite author?
I always find it really difficult when someone asks me to give a definitive answer to a question like this. My son always used to ask me what my favourite food/movie/toy/child was! I could never answer him either. So, I can tell you who I enjoy reading if that’s any good. I love Dr Seuss, especially The Lorax (can’t tell you how excited I am to see the movie). I love Lee Child, Robert B Parker, Janet Evanovich, Paulo Coelho, Jane Austin, JK Rowling, Dan Brown, I could go on and on. Picking only one would be the quickest way to the funny farm!
Out of your favourite two fictional characters – who would win if they got in a fight?
Well, Winnie-the-Pooh and Piglet often got into fights, but I think Pooh generally won, didn’t he?
Read the rest of this entry »