February 1, 2014
Okay, I picked up this ‘Mug Cake’ stuff in the supermarket a week ago, and decided to make one for breakfast and commemorate the process for you in pictures. Sorry for the focus issues in some of the pics; they looked reasonably good on the iPhone at 8am!
Most of the needed ingredients and equipment.
A close-up on my mug of choice; a Nanowrimo cafe mug, of course! Read the rest of this entry »
December 7, 2013
Well, deep in the midst of Nano, I got tagged with a Blogging Award meme, the Super Sweet Blogging Award. Thanks very much to Natasha Hanova for nominating me! Sorry it took me three weeks or so to answer, what with the Nano Spotlights and then getting distracted by the time Nano was over.
Award rules: Answer the following five questions, and nominate five bloggers.
1. Cookie or Cake? Hmm… cookies are good, especially vanilla wafers, (need to make time to make some this holiday season,) but I have to go with golden cake. Delicious!
2. Chocolate or Vanilla? Vanilla! I love chocolate sweets, but in any case where it’s a choice, I’ll choose vanilla. (Or maybe strawberry.)
3. Favourite sweet treat? Hmm… that’s a tough one, there are so many possible sweets. A Tim Horton’s Maple Dip donut gets honorable mention, as does strawberry syrup ice cream sundae, (which I just had as a bedtime snack,) but I have to pick a Cadbury creme egg!
4. When do you crave sweet things the most? Well, I’ll grab a sweet any time of day or night, but early in the morning is probably the time when I can least resist. I love donuts for breakfast, and if I have chocolate on hand, I’ll have some well before noon.
5. Sweet nickname? I don’t really have one, that I know of. Oh well.
And my sweet nominees are:
Stay sweet, everybody!