Total time logged so far: 46 hours, 2 minutes.
I’ve almost made it! Less than 4 hours to go in the last 3 weekdays. I can make that easily – even with Hamilton Writers’ meeting and the Script Frenzy kick-off party on my calendar. Hmm…
So here’s the headlines for my editing progress on days 22 through 28:
- More proofreading and checking of ‘Roswell Calling’, up to starting chapter 6.
- Finishing my serious changes notes of ‘The Long way Home.’
- Fixing a dozen or so unresolved problems, (marked in bracket notes) on my 2009 Nanowrimo second draft “Won’t somebody think of the children.”
- Formatting ‘The Landing’ to submit for critiques from critters.org
- Critiquing the introductory chapter of a science fiction novel, ‘Briseus’, from critters.org
- Spending a long time going back and forth between reading aloud from the opening few chapters of ‘The Long Way Home’ and making rewrites to them. In the process, I discovered that I want to change the background of one of my supporting characters, Ereyu the ferret, and I’m not entirely sure where to start with that.
- Began working on unresolved bracket notes from a Roswell fanfic, “Runaway with me,’ and that led me into a plot audit of the later chapters to figure out where there are inconsistencies that need to be fixed and plot holes that need to be closed.
As usual, I’m rather all over the map, but I think that I’ve gotten some good stuff accomplished.